Healing Psalm for Quicksand

Have you ever hit rock bottom, and then pondered if there could be an even deeper descent? It may seem like everything is going wrong and there is no way of escape but wait...suddenly, you convince yourself that there is no escape. Deeper Descent. You’re paralyzed; stuck in the situation and cannot move. The weight of the situation compounds. No way of out. Nobody around. You’re up to your neck. Now what?

How do you recover from quicksand? What solution could possibly be the right one and who is going to risk their life to save yours? The answer is found in Psalm 30. I love this Psalm because of it’s relevance and truth. I have been the one that has cried out to the Lord and I received rescue, healing and restoration. Thus, Psalm 30 is special to me. In fact, it’s the basis of this ministry. 
It is encouraging to know that God will bring us up from the low places where we are and restore us. I once thought to myself, are His arms that long? Can He reach even me from here? Yes, He can. Yes, He has. Praise is due Him. No matter how far we may descend, we are never out of reach. All we have to do is to call on Him. 
When we beckon unto God, and praise Him, He provides for our every need. Can you imagine that? The Sovereign God of the Universe has not only reached down to my low estate, but He has restored me and then provided for me. He is an unmatched and unparalleled Helper.
As a result, my perspective on rock bottom changes. I’m not held captive there thinking that I can only go lower. With my focus on Jesus, I can only go higher. That’s great news! God turns our low places into a dancing ground of gladness. 
Now, who in their right mind, wouldn’t serve a God like that? 
Tell me - what hinders your praise when you are going through trials and sufferings? 


Copyright Beams of Light Ministries