Pray for Our Soldiers

The day that I had been dreading finally came. Some time has elasped so now I can say that my godson's mother has deployed.

She is an honorable soldier serving our nation. Of course, it has been her choice to serve. There has not been a draft. No one forced her into serving our country in this manner. But life does happen. And as a result of life taking its normal course, she deployed leaving behind my godson. He is two years old and will spend at least a year without the touch of his mother.

My heart aches for the little fella. I know that he will be looking for his Mommie. I know he will. But my heart also goes out to such a fine soldier. Not once has she complained or moaned about this deployment. Not once has she cried to me on the telephone - although I know she has shred a tear or two. I cry nearly every time the little guy leaves my house - especially the last time when he didn't want to leave because he was having such a good time. She has a strength uncommon to many. And for that, I admire her. I wrote about her before - she really is Army strong.

So, all I can do now is to pray for her, along with the rest of the honorable men and women in uniform who serve this country. I give my prayer support to them for not complaining, not backing down and not giving in and giving up. Of the soldiers I have the privilege to call friends, all of them are of noble character. Strong in a way that we civilians don't have to be; well, at least not yet.

Yet because I know the pull of the heart and the wild swings it can take, when my friends call to let me know that they are deploying, then I also let them know exactly how I will be praying. She knows how I will be praying. She knows that I will be praying. And I wonder if you would join with me too. Would you join me in praying for our troops who are fighting down range, away from family and loved ones for extensive periods of time. Would you pray that God will protect them, comfort them and keep them. Pray that they keep their emotions in check so that they can stay focused on each and every mission. Pray that God's mighty hand will deliver them back to us, healthy and whole. Pray that God would bless our soldiers and may God continue to bless America.


Copyright Beams of Light Ministries