140 Days of Prayer

I've joined with Dr. Charles Stanley and InTouch Ministries for their 140 days of prayer for the United States of America. It is quite timely, starting today, the day after we celebrated Independence Day for our country.

So many times, we like to look at what is happening and talk about how bad it is but then we fail to act on it. I was recently engaged in messaging which discussed the vampire movie series that is all the talk on the news. Everybody talked about how this shouldn't be the news (and I agree) but few if any talked about how desperate this nation is for a change in the tide.

Initially, I was afraid of the commitment to this type of prayer. But our country needs it. It's not as if I'm not praying anyway, so therefore, what will it hurt to add the country that I love to the prayer list? Say what you will about our government, rules, regulations, politicians, celebrities or what have you, having spent so much time in the air traveling to this place and the next, from where I sit, the US is the best. So, let's make a concerted effort to stop talking about how bad things are and start praying that God change the tide of this nation.

For more information on Dr. Charles Stanley and the InTouch Ministries 140 days of prayer movement, click here.


Copyright Beams of Light Ministries