Love God. Love People. Available Now.

I love the music ministry of Israel Houghton. Something about his music ushers me into the presence of God. Each time he releases an album, I go to the store to purchase it with expectation. I expect that the music will continue to usher me into God’s presence and I expect that the music will give me a deeper desire to worship. I expect to worship then and there. And lastly, I expect to get lost in the music, such that when the entire album has played, I look up and wonder where the time went. God uses this musician and his music really is that good.

Photo from Israelhoughton.net


Love God, Love People released August 31st. So, as per my usual, I went to the store and picked up a copy. And, I have to say that this sound is different. I still love the music ministry of Israel Houghton but I’m not so much into the Abbey Road sound – if there is such a thing. The CD as a whole is good and there are some songs on it which I have already placed on the repeat rotation – those being Yahweh (The Lifter), You Hold My World and Hosanna. These three songs are my personal favorites and have been the ones that have met my personal expectations.


Would I recommend the CD?yes! But, if you are an avid Israel music ministry fan like me, be prepared for a different sound than what you may be accustomed to. But I guess that’s what new CDs and projects are for!


Copyright Beams of Light Ministries