When the Past Becomes Present

What do you do when the past forces itself  into the present?

I had a recent chase of past "ghosts" reappearing. And, I have to tell you, my reaction stunned me a little. Without getting into the back story, let's just say that I never, ever, expected to see, hear from, or communicate with said "ghost". And I mean never, ever

As a result, I've had to do some tusseling with myself. Yes, me and myself! I've had to deal with some issues that I thought I dealt with in the past. That's always so disappointing to realize that you haven't sealed up everything in the manner in which you previously thought. But, praise God, I got another crack at it. This time, I'm at a different phase of life and can see the "ghost" and related situations with a completely different perspective. So, now, I just have to make my flesh see what my mind and heart already see. My flesh, which would have quite a few sharp words to say to this "ghost" will simply have to submit to the will of God. My flesh will have to be gracious and kind - loving even, to said "ghost". My flesh is not going to get the victory because my flesh will exemplify a godly response. No tantrums allowed. My heart and mind are set to demonstrate Christ and my flesh is going.to.comply. Period.

No, I didn't expect the reappearance, but I can praise God for it. It has shown me where I had an area of lack that needed a little more prayer. It has shown me when I needed to revisit some old wounds that have those tell-tell scabs and let the healing power of God come right in and work. And when God completes this work,  I will  no longer bear any evidence of the original wound. No scabs y'all. I can dig it.

So, even in the midst of the surprise and resultant tusseling, I am better off having come smack dab face-to-face with this "ghost." I have to say, what the "ghost" may have meant for my bad, God turned it around for my good and now, I'm scab free! Healed. Whole. So, that's how I've dealt with this blast from the past. And, I hope that it will, in some small way, encourage you in the event that your past tries to sneak into your present.

See you next week!

Copyright Beams of Light Ministries