Choosing God

Angela Thomas has captured my attention. I wrote about the conference I attended in July. She was the keynote speaker one night. As a result, I purchased some of her materials. On the way home, I listened to her teaching CDs and now, I'm doing a workbook with my friend. 


One of the exercises focuses on Choosing God. Angela says that she knows it sounds like Jesus 101. I laughed. It does sound like that from reading the title but there is so much more beneath the surface...behind the words...choosing God.


It's a reminder to me that it really is a choice. Christianity and having a relationship with God is your choice and my choice. God is such a Gentleman that He does not push Himself on us. Instead, He allows us to make the choice. He allows us freewill. 


Angela says "the very first step toward spiritual growth is choosing with your heart and your mind that maturity is what you want." If you want Jesus, He's there for you. He's not hard to find. He's not wrapped up in some formula. He's there for you. Jesus 101. So simple. Straight and narrow is the way. But we have to want to follow the Way, with our freewill. 


And that's the hitch. We may say we want Him with our mouth, but our heart and mind must also be in agreement. Our total selves must want to follow hard after God. When you seek Him, really seek Him, He will be found. He's good like that. 


So, will you choose Him today? And keep choosing Him the next day and the next day?  It's something to think about for the ones on the fence but I can say with my whole heart and mind that I choose God. I choose Him everyday for the rest of my life. I love Him like that! 

Copyright Beams of Light Ministries