Celebrate!

I've been getting my "celebrate" on lately. I recently had a birthday and because I had been feeling what felt to me like "unbearable" weight, I decided to let all of that go and let loose for my birthday. So, I did. Let me tell you, I ate cake, I went shopping, I fellowshipped with true friends, I rejoiced with my family and of course, I loved on my puppy. He was so excited - he must have thought it was his birthday!

I celebrated because I made a decision that other people's burdens don't have to become totally mine. What a relief! I think I was taking that Galatians 6 a little too directly! Its back to what I said in my last post about the thorn. Yes, I may carry the thorn with me, but it doesn't have to consume me. I just have to obey God. Listen to Him. Be directed by Him. And rejoice because of Him. Celebrate!! Happy Dance. Happy Dance.  Woot!!!

So, that's where I find myself this wonderful day. On celebrate mode. An even though that slew-footed dude keeps trying to bring me down, I'm not going down without a fight. I'm reveling in my Christian freedom. I feel like I can soar!

I feel like singing..."I'm free...praise the Lord, I'm free...no longer bound; no more chains holding me; my soul is resting; it's just a blessing; praise the Lord, Hallelujah, I'm free!" Good thing for you, you're not sitting near me or I'd have to saaang it for you.

So, do I have anything profound to say today? I know that's what you are wondering . And my answer is yes, I do. Rejoice in the freedom you have in Christ, as a believer. You may feel worn down, tattered and torn to pieces by your circumstances. The weight of all the circumstances may be troubling your soul. But just take it to Jesus. Take it to Him and leave it there. He will take your burdens and give you the strength to endure. And, he may just set you free, even in the midst of your circumstance. I still have the friend that is walking by the flesh and not by faith, but, I'm still free. I'm still free to pray for my friend and I'm still free to worship. I'm still free to celebrate! Don't let your situations bind you - get free!

I'm celebrating! I hope you will too. Take a minute to celebrate Jesus!

Copyright Beams of Light Ministries