Not Worthy

Watching Passion of the Christ always brings me to tears. This time, when I watched it, I had the “ugly cry”. 
I would tell you that I don’t know why but that wouldn’t be accurate. I know exactly why this movie, that I’ve now made part of my Easter Weekend tradition, humbles me. 
It is simple. Nothing complicated. But here it is in five words: “I know, I’m not worthy.” 
My humanity - my failings and shortcomings, have become all the more apparent to me as I continue my study of holiness. I thank God for that. Because as I continue to study Peter and study his instructions to the church of the Living God, I know I’m not worthy of the sacrifice that Jesus paid. He paid a dear price for my life - for my freedom. The same applies to you too. 
The spit, the scourging, the mocking, the pain, the beatings, the whips, the nails - all for me - what have I ever done to deserve this - nothing. I know, I’m not worthy. 
So, this year, as I watched the movie, with heart full and tears flowing, I know I’m not worthy - and that mindset gives me perspective ... humility. My life now is not about what I want to do, but what I must do, in obedience and in service to my God. For He is alone is worthy. 

Copyright Beams of Light Ministries

One Response so far.

  1. Imagine, the real story is even worse.