In Proper Order

Those of you who know me, know that I have had to slow down a bit lately. I guess my body wasn't ready to continue to break-neck pace that we had been on for some time now.


It just seems that there is always something to do - somewhere to go - there doesn't seem to be enough time in one day to accomplish everything. And that's the problem. 

Perhaps, I've loaded my plate a bit too heavily. Kinda like going through the buffet line trying to sample everything. Before you know it, you've got a pile of food on your plate that you can't eat. For me, before I knew it, I had a pile of duties on my plate that I couldn't finish. 

So, I started 2012 shedding some of the duties. I had a specific goal in mind about something that I really needed to complete. And wouldn't you know it, the more I pressed toward that goal, the more I felt hindered. Something would come up. Something would get in the way. Someone would need something. And now, I'm behind. 

But, I've decided not to panic and I'm definitely NOT throwing in the towel. But I am going to do one important thing - I'm going to give all of my duties to the Lord and let Him prioritize them for me. With Him at the helm, I know everything that needs to get done will get done to His glory and the rest of the fluff will just fall away. 

It's important to slow down and hear the direction from the Lord. When we fully give everything over to Him; everything gets done in its proper order.