Baking with the Boss!

TLC has a fan in me - I love the show Cake Boss with Buddy Valastro. In fact, when Buddy was on tour in my city, I went to see him. What a great show! 

Lisa and the kids weren't there - I guess they show up when they can and for those audiences, it's a special treat. But I have to tell ya, Buddy is one funny guy! He held my attention the entire time. You should check him out to see when he's coming to your city. I laughed and laughed!  

The show is really family friendly - I went with my sister - who is the greatest! I'm a fan...but don't tell her! I want her head to still be able to fit in the door. I thank God for her. She's warm and sweet - just like freshly baked cake!

It's funny how baking can be so therapeutic! Raw ingredients come together, poured into molds and forced into a heated oven so that it rises into a delicious and yummy treat! 

And we're like that too. 

We are raw ingredients ready for molding. God has to whip and stir us into a suitable batter, lacking nothing. And when He does, He pours us into the mold that He has created just for us. And then we walk through the fire of trails and tribulations on our way to maturity in Him. We just don't wait up mature once we get in right standing with the Lord. Just like a flour, sugar and eggs don't all of a sudden make themselves into a ready-to-eat moist cake. No, it's a process. And we are privileged to be able to go through it.