Out of the Box!

I was riding a bubble and then it burst. Splat. Whistle-noise. Thud. You got me?

Yea, it was fun while I was up there though. I ventured out and experienced some things that I had never bothered to experience previously. And, I laughed so much! And as I reflect on my journey, I’m laughing now.

Would I rather be afloat in the clouds still? Sure. But the reality is far different. You did read the “thud” part above, right? But the wonderful thing about it all is that I can rest confidently in knowing that I tried something new. I got out of my box and for a little while, I conquered new territory that was once off-limits to me (mentally, anyway).

God has given us so much. It’s a shame to never experience anything outside of our comfort zone. And by going outside of our comfort zone, I’m not referring to anything that’s not holy or God-honoring. Instead, I’m referring to the limits that we place on ourselves because we are too afraid to see beyond the experiences we know. I believe that God wants us to experience more than just the repetitive things that we see. Discover how grand God is by looking at the trees. He didn’t only make one type of tree. No, He stretched out before us various types of trees with different shapes, bark, leaves, root structures, height and, well, you get the point. God didn’t settle for just one plain vanilla tree. He brought us variety.

So, I encourage you today to set your sights on more than just what’s comfortable. Stretch yourself and include some variety. Whether that means learning Scripture in more than one translation or driving to the countryside to glimpse God’s beauty instead of just hanging inside the area you know, or whatever you choose, do something new that will give Him glory.

Now, you may say, “well, your experience ended with a splat.” Well, yes, it did. The splat was my word but it was not a bad experience. Maybe I should have used the word “pop”, but quite frankly, I just like the visualization of the word “splat”. In my mind, this particular experience is over, but just like paint splashing on the floor, I’ve been stretched – and I’ve got a broader experience to bank in my memory.  And, most importantly, I’m grateful to God for the opportunity to experience this new thing. Now, go on out there and experience yours! 


Copyright Beams of Light Ministries

One Response so far.

  1. Love it! Yes we do need to step out of our comfort zone. SO much we miss in blessing when we do not.
    Love to you
    Ang